A blog about design, education and anything else that takes my fancy

Saturday, January 22, 2005

iPod Shuffle shipping

Just had an email from Apple to say my iPod Shuffle is on its way, delivery due in 2-3 business days.

Cool.

Problem is, I won't be in during the day so will have to rearrange delivery until the week after next as, like so many companies, Apple use private courier firms instead of Royal Mail or Parcelforce, who would leave the package either at the post office round the corner or at the sorting office in town, about 10 minutes walk from work.

When I got my replacement Powerbook through my insurance company I had to get a taxi into the middle of nowhere at a cost of £50, or risk it being sent back because I couldn't be in at a time that was convenient to the shipping company. Great customer service.

Some couriers will leave things with my neighbour and one even rang me at work and dropped it off with me there. But Apple's courier of choice won't do that. Oh well - it wouldn't be British of me if I didn't complain about the miracles of the modern world...

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Visit my 'official' site

www.jonathanbaldwin.co.uk
contains links to my articles and books.

Tags

Books by Jonathan Baldwin

Visual Communication: From Theory to Practice (Winner of 'Best Higher Education Title' at the British Book Awards 2006) by Jonathan Baldwin and Lucienne Roberts Buy from Amazon.com Buy from Amazon.co.uk

More Than A Name: An introduction to branding by Melissa Davis and Jonathan Baldwin Buy from Amazon.com Buy from Amazon.co.uk

Blog Archive

Followers