Something is really worrying me about my new first year students. They are all much, much taller than me. I am 'average' height but the other day I got them all to stand up for a little experiement and I felt really, really insignificant. The year above them are about normal, and the current third years are all at eye level with me except for one or two.
So what's going on? I'm wondering if the BSE scare a few years ago means this lot have all been fed on US beef complete with growth hormones, or is it because the 'buy this soap powder get free art materials for your school' promotions started around about the time this lot started getting interested in art at school? In which case they were obviously exposed to some sort of chemical onslaught that really needs investigating.
Nice group, though. Haven't had anything thrown at me yet and they laugh at some of my jokes, so it looks good...
No comments:
Post a Comment